Tuesday, July 05, 2005

This blog might soon need life support

I don't update as much on here simply because it's gotten a little more busy at work. Yesterday I was asked if I could stay for an extra hour after work. I wouldn't of minded since I get double pay, but my arms were ready to fall off and crawl away to a person that might not put them on the keyboard as much.

I've been thinking about religion and whether or not I should take part in it. I've always believed in heaven but also in reincarnation. I only believed there was a heaven because of the American-based media that we have installed into our homes and the general opinon of the public. The public being the people at school, not the Chinese community. If it was up to the Chinese community, I'd be going to temple and know why the Buddists believe in reincarnation instead of heaven and hell. But there are some Chinese people who have not converted and still believes that the colors of red and gold will drive away the devil (not only do the colors serve superstitious purposes, but they are very festive!).

I don't know much about Buddism so I don't have much to write about right now but I favor Buddism as a religion because I've been a little alienated from other religions. Which is okay, I mean religion should be a choice, not a requirement when I'm at this age. I just wish my parents took a little more time to teach me about it so it's not entirely lost on the kiddies. On the same note, I've come to realize how disappointed I am at him. He was sort of the driving force of Westernization for us and it's great to some extent. The religion part I'm not too great about but it hasn't had a significant impact on the kiddies yet. But I wish I could understand to fuller extent as to why I'm so disappointed. Maybe I'm just too alienated.

I saw Garden State not too long ago and now I think Natalie Portman is way too cute and Zach Braff is just too cool. But don't worry, I still like Conor Obesrt =).

No comments: