Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It's not always me

The elderly and older generations (relative to my age) speak of how the younger generations are loosing or have lost perspective of what is important and/or moral. I disagree; of course my opinion is biased considering how I am part of the younger generation. It's not that the ageless are reckless all the time, but trying to experience everything before their time is up. We must savor what we have because before we know it, it'll be gone and all we'll have is the faint memory of what life was.

On that note, I cannot wait to go out once again. To taste the flavour of life and fun is what I wait for during the daily grind. Happy early birthday Theresa!

Anyway, I don't think the young have lost perspective of anything. After all, we haven't experienced everything so what perspective have we lost if we haven't gained it.

Yes this is transparent. It's an elaborate plead to just let me try things without condeming me. I used to think that it's okay for me to not care what my elders think sometimes, but it actually does matter. If I don't care to try, I won't care about the mistakes that others make in the future. So for me and for the futures of others, let me go.


I stare at those pointing fingers and I visualize protest signs that scream for control and I get lost in the exhilaration of inhibition.

No comments: