Friday, August 26, 2005

It's so sureal to look at pictures. To look at the moments and think about the events that have and gone. These images make me realize that yet again, I'm getting older and I'm not quite sure this is where or what I wanted to be say, three years ago. I also think, jeezes I look stupid. Or how come I always smile like that? (My smile never turns out the way that I think it will). I know pictures are suppose to capture happy moments and allow us to cherish them but they almost make me sad and despondent about my life. So that was then and this is now.

Great.

The ironic thing is that I like taking pictures. In fact, I used to want to make a career out of it. But once I wished for that, I knew that it wouldn't work out because my parents would never allow me and creativity isn't always a part of me. It makes me wonder than why I wanted to be a photographer in the first place. Perhaps I thought taking pictures were fun and hey, since I'm having so much fun, why not get paid for it too!

Jeezes I can be so materialistic and superficial.
It's fun sometimes.

Maybe I wanted to be a photographer because I know that I'd see my life sliding away without any proper memoralbilia that forces me to reflect and revive the drive in me. Perhaps even I wouldn't even remember what it felt like to be in that very spot and see the world the way I did and think of all the things that came. All the things that I could not see coming and everything that I did not want.

It's a fact that smell is heavly associated with memories, so what is a visual representation? I believe visual objects works to revive all senses that associate with your memories. Sometimes, I can even smell the atmosphere of the picture and relish that point. That point where I felt happy. That point where I thought, what's going to happen next?

No comments: