Friday, February 18, 2005

The marvel of it all

Extreme make over and articles in fashion and beauty magazines keep reminding me that there will be a day when humans are engineered genetically to perfection. People will be the perfect height, have the perfect sized breasts, have perfect skin, etc.
The scary thing is, all of the technology to create the perfect human race is available and is probably getting more and more advanced as you're reading this.
Of course you'll have to have the money to be able to access all this new and scary technology. Does this mean that only the rich will be perfect looking and dominate the lower the classes in yet another fashion?
Quite possibly.
Does this mean I'm pessimistic?
Probably.
But who knows! When I'm 60 and I all of a sudden feel like getting my brows lifted or some other thing tweaked, I'll be looking to the surgeons knives.

No comments: